Fredericton Junction

Fredericton Junction (2016 population: 704[2]) is a Canadian village in Sunbury CountyNew Brunswick.

Located on the North Branch of the Oromocto River in the western part of the county, the village is approximately 45 km (28 mi) southwest of Fredericton.

History

The community was originally named Hartt's Mills but was renamed in 1869 when the European and North American Railway (Western Extension) was opened between Saint John and Vanceboro, Maine, meeting the Fredericton Branch Railway which ran from this junction into Fredericton.


This content was copied from the Wikipedia article as of [2021/04/25]”